Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gratitude: If your cup is full, quit pouring!




With a houseful of children, it is unusual for Kent and I to get a full 8 hours of sleep without being interrupted! For the most part, we are probably a little sleep deprived, but this morning I got up and helped Jake to fold newspapers. For a couple of years, I would run the paper route with Jake and Dan, but this year Jake informed me, in a nice way, that he doesn't need me to drive him. I think part of it could be the fact that, for the most part, I don't enjoy the same music that Jake does.....I guess I really have become a "mom"! So, this morning Jake came in early and asked what car he should drive. Rachel left at 4:50 to sell donuts (yes, we did wake up when she woke up as well! :) and drove the car that Jake usually drives.

Boy, I am rambling....I got up and helped fold papers. After Jake left, I heard a knock on the door...one of the teachers from the ward was here to pick up Daniel to go to the Ogden Temple. After waking Dan, ironing his shirt (he was in a hurry to get ready!), he walked out the door with 'just woke up' hair--a sleeping child, beautiful--a boy dragging himself out of bed to head to the Temple early Saturday morning, PRICELESS!
So, after all this I sat down with this computer, wanting to search for some Christmas stories, scriptures, songs that we could enjoy as a family, and decided to see if there was a devotional on TV--what I have been listening to for the past few minutes has been Wayne Dyer, hence the saying, "If your cup is full, quit pouring..." His show is focused on the power of our thoughts--and our thoughts are powerful! There is power in GRATITUDE! Aren't they a great looking bunch! They each add so much to our lives....and our cup is overflowing.... I recognize that when I am grateful, I am happy. I can find things to be grateful for, even in the hard things...Our cup is full...but the pouring continues.....a great son-in-law, a beautiful granddaughter....so much to be thankful for!


1 comments:

Steph said...

Aww that was a nice post :) As I was reading it it made me realize that I should probably focus on the positive things in life, rather than sleepless nights, pounding headaches, breastfeeding pains, etc. I really need to be better about that so thanks for the reminder! :)