Thursday, March 18, 2010

No Need for Despair!

Recently, I've been reading a book about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This morning I ran across a quote by Truman Madsen that said, "Men have stood at pulpits and elsewhere--great men--and have testified that their knees have never buckled...We have had monumental men who did not need redemption as much as they needed power, and who never fell very far from the communing light of which I have spoken. I cannot bear that kind of testimony. But if there are some of you who have been tricked into the conviction that you have gone too far, that you have been weighed down with doubts on which you alone have a monopoly, that you have had the poison of sin which makes it impossible ever again to be what you could have been --then hear me.
I bear testimony that you cannot sink farther than the light and sweeping intelligence of Jesus Christ can reach. I bear testimony that as long as there is one spark of the will to repent and to reach, He is there. He did not just descend to your condition; he descended below it, 'that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth' (D&C 88:6)"
It brings peace to my heart to know that, in our darkest hour, the Savior knows. He may not have made the mistakes that I make, but He's felt the consequences of my mistakes, and all others... I can't fathom it--but I am so grateful for the patience and grace His Atonement allows us!

0 comments: